Our client is a trading company with over 30 offices worldwide.
The Position – Regional Quality Manager, Apparel
Reporting to the Vice President of Merchandising, the Regional Quality Manager is responsible for Quality Assurance and Control with the task of developing and designing production, technical review and auditing systems, as well as ensuring effective delivery of goods. The successful candidate will lead quality and inspection teams in the Asian Region. He/She will be responsible for maintaining and further developing and implementing improvements to product quality and reliability systems within vendors’ factories. The successful candidate is expected:
- to perform high quality product inspection to ensure that the delivery of the products is in the right quantities and at company’s quality standards
- to drive and ship from final inspection to process inspection managed by vendors under company’s quality plan
- to support vendor rationalization strategy
- to drive productivity to identify qualified vendors capable of reaching the level where their output does not need to be inspected
- to drive, lead and support the quality level measurement
- to work collaboratively with customers to continually improve the company’s services to the business group
- Ensures that specifications are reviewed and that production adheres to reference/drawings/quality/performance/reliability requirements.
- Discrepancies are to be identified, addressed and eliminated in order to ensure that products meet specified requirements and are delivered as scheduled.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the reliability/ performance/ quality of products and solving all technical issues, which might occur with the products/suppliers.
- Co-ordinates various activities between customers and suppliers.
- Identifies potential areas for improvement in product quality.
- Reports to management on a weekly basis on supplier performance. Would report immediately in case of any sub-standard ongoing production.
- Reviews the production process to continuously improve and simplify suppliers operations, resulting in cost reduction to the company and customers.
- Systematically audits specification documentation and advises supervisors of needed refinement.
- Works with Merchandising Managers and suppliers to validate products and processes.
- Develops a training program for inspectors.
- Communicates with the internal customers the merchandising teams and senior management regarding quality issues.
- Investigates and documents corrective and remedial actions for all product complaints.
- Together with suppliers, resolves problems or advises them how to solve existing problems. He/She would test, accept, reject or modify before putting it into production.
- Investigates problem areas in logistics and replenishment planning and proactively identifies and implements best solutions.
- Responsible for keeping all necessary metrics for tracking performance and effectiveness of all relevant teams.
The ideal candidate is currently working in an quality management role within a company that has increased its productivity through streamlining internal processes, coordinating those changes with it computer systems, and quality initiatives. He/She is a business person who can prioritize work and solve problems. Knowledge and experience in establishing and developing appropriate benchmarks and key performance indictors that drive for continuous improvement is desired. The successful candidate must have excellent presentation, communications and interpersonal skills capable of working under pressure with colleagues from throughout the region and with customers from the United States.
He/She would monitor manpower and costs of operations while proactively identifying opportunities. The successful candidate would have the ability to liaise and communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and senior management.
- Holds a degree in quality management or a related discipline. An MBA degree or a Masters degree in Engineering or Quality Assurance is desired but is not requisite.
- Expertise in project management, methodologies, Business Process Reengineering and quality tools.
- Relevant experience in a garment buying office/trading company is a definite advantage.
- Must be a hands-on manager who carefully monitors the progress of his subordinates.
- Effective presentation skills and strong business awareness.
- Self-motivated, disciplined with excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- A proven leader who can work across different cultures.
- Willing to work long hours when necessary to complete a job/project on time.
- High degree of personal integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Willing to travel as the job requires.