Our client is a leading banking and investment group from the Middle East with banking being their core business but over the decade, the company has grown into a very large conglomerate having diversified their business into different sectors inclusive of Industries, Petrochemicals, Services, Agriculture, Investments and Real Estate Development.
The successful candidate will report directly to the President of the Group, who is based in Saudi Arabia. In additional, he/she will have frequent interactions with the CEO of the bank.
- Prepare strategic business development plan.
- Identify the business opportunities for investments for the group, focusing on the Industries Sector.
- Establish relationship with the local companies in China for creating possible Joint Ventures.
- Evaluate the business opportunities as per the Group’s investment strategy and process including risk analysis of the projects.
- Present projects to the Board for approval.
- Plan and coordinate project activities to ensure goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frames.
- Negotiate and liaise with the consultants, advisors, contractors and suppliers.
- Obtain all required Government/Institutional licenses, permits and observance of the State and environmental rules and regulations.
- Review project status reports and monitor the activities of the project personnel to ensure that progress of the projects are according to the schedule within the budgeted costs.
The successful candidate will be a senior corporate professional with a broad range of business development experience with at least 15 years of experience working with an International bank or a holding group.
The individual must possess a strong track record of driving business opportunities in China. The successful candidate must have good negotiation, business mindset, and entrepreneurial skills.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a Master Degree in Business Administration
- Experience in managing personnel with a high level of expertise.
- Excellent contacts within business circles, government and regulatory authorities in China.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Fluency in Mandarin is preferable.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and should be autonomous, creative, and meticulous.